11 February 2016
Apple Roses for Your Sweetheart
Photo credit to Gillian Stevens.
Getting your sweetheart some roses this Valentine's Day? Why not make them Envy Apple Roses! A tasty way to express your love.
- Pie dough
- Cinnamon sugar
- 4 Envy apples
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Powdered sugar
- Butter and flour a 12 cup cupcake pan
- Roll out pie dough on a lightly floured surface and cut out with a heart-shaped cookie cutter
- Arrange four heart-shaped pieces of dough in each of the 12 cups with the top of the heart facing upwards
- Sprinkle cinnamon sugar into each cup and put in refrigerator to cool
- Thinly slice your Envy apples and squeeze the lemon juice on top and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar
- Let apples sit for 10 minutes, should become soft to bend
- Arrange 10 apple slices in a line overlapping each other and tightly roll
- Transfer rolled apple into the mini pie shell and repeat for all 12
- Sprinkle with cinnamon sugar on top
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and bake for 30 minutes
- Let cool for 30 minutes and finish off with a dusting of powdered sugar before serving
See this recipe on “Enjoying Envy” here.